Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49

Thread: Weather and school

  1. #31
    Inactive Member
    Weather and school


    aoa_stripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2006
    Posts
    880
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Weather and school

    I finally did see a plow truck pass by, but the road is still covered and packed with snow.
    If I'm not mistaken isn`t it supposed to be around 25 degrees tonight and chance of snow? If The roads are not clear by the time it gets dark, they could be awful by un the morning.
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Weather and school

    I hope not, I am in the process of selling my house and have someone coming to look at it today but maybe not with the way the roads are on the back street. Not a good way to show a house if you can't get to it. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #33
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Weather and school

    On Tuesday/Thursday I have class at 2 and 3:20. I've got early classes MWF.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Weather and school

    58 from Coeburn to Norton clear, 23 from Norton to Wise clear. 72 from Coeburn to Dungannon clear.

    What's the big [censored] deal?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Weather and school

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">58 from Coeburn to Norton clear, 23 from Norton to Wise clear. 72 from Coeburn to Dungannon clear.

    What's the big [censored] deal? </div></div>

    Rt. 72 is very clear until you get past the VDOT HQ, but its mod. clear all the way to tiberville or thats atleast how far I went on it.

    I agree with ya bob people around here freak when they see snow. Its quite comical to be truthful. Only thing you have to look at is now the Northeastern people deal with it and learn from them. Its not that hard... It wouldve been prob. a good day to do a little float and fly fishin on holston or boone today. IF I wouldve known that we wouldve been out of school today I prob wouldve went.
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  6. #36
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Weather and school

    Over on Ivy Ridge, past the prep plant, we got covered, a good 3 inches up there
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  7. #37
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Weather and school

    2 hr delay for tomorrow....must have noticed it snowed.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Weather and school

    Snow aint nothing. I had to take my daughter to the doc today because she is sick and then turned around went fishing on Stoney Creek when I got home. Stoney Creek was definitely more hazardous than 23, or 65. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] One vehicle had flipped over a hill.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #39
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    FYI

    TN Schools
    TUSCULUM COLLEGE Evening Classes Cancelled
    01/22/08 3:29pm

    VA Schools
    BUCHANAN CO. SCHOOLS Opening 2 hours late
    01/22/08 2:23pm
    DICKENSON CO. SCHOOLS Opening 2 hours late
    01/22/08 1:56pm
    LEE CO. SCHOOLS Opening 2 hours late
    01/22/08 3:30pm
    MOUNTAIN EMPIRE C.C. Opening 2 hours late
    01/22/08 5:15pm
    NORTON CITY SCHOOLS Opening 2 hours late
    01/22/08 3:37pm
    POWELL VALLEY CHRIST. SCH. Opening 2 hours late
    01/22/08 4:05pm
    RUSSELL CO. SCHOOLS Opening 2 hours late
    01/22/08 3:00pm
    SCOTT CO. SCHOOLS Opening 1 1/2 hours late
    01/22/08 2:40pm
    WISE CO. SCHOOLS Opening 2 hours late
    01/22/08 3:12pm

    http://www.wcyb.tv/school/default.asp

  10. #40
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Weather and school

    I guess the thing is last night's forecast. If you can't see the need for a delay with freezing rain in the forecast, it makes you wonder about the rest of the decisions.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •